Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Good Friends

OK, I'm on a new kick, shoes...... I know with the weather being as nice as it is right now that I should be outside painting landscapes using natural light, but I have this burning desire to paint shoes so I running with it. Only this time I stepped up my game a bit and added a suit and tie. This was a bit more challenging, but I really enjoyed creating it. I had fun with the great local colors that scream contrast. I love the big blocks of green, yellow, red and blue. Also the contrast of rags to riches is interesting too, by comparing the painting of a worn out pair of shoes to a trio of nice clothes.
I hope you relish Good Friends. 11x14

No comments:

Post a Comment