Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Monday, August 8, 2011

Is the Art in your Heart?

photo taken from my booth
The Art in the Heart Event took place this last weekend in Downtown Vancouver,WA and it was a great experience. So many incredible artists that double as great friends really enhanced the entire weekend for me. Getting to know Bud Fields, Marilyn Hocking, Oleg Ulitskiy, and catching up with Mike Rangner, Celeste Bergin and Gene Wigglesworth were highlights.
photo of me in my booth by David Burbach
I wanted to give my booth a real studio feel to it, and with the tremendous help from my wife, Vicki, i think we pulled it off.

part of Historical Series on walnut slab One way i decided to display my many unframed pieces was to build some tiny easels which worked great and added to the artistic feel i was going for.

Academy Steeple
9 x 12
Academy Steeple, is a special painting for me. Not only did it make its way onto the Art on the Boulevard mailer, but it was a pre-sale. So, although it never hung in my booth, it found a good home. Thanks Gemma! And thanks to the others who became inspired enough to be caretakers of the other 3 pieces.

photo taken by David Burbach Although the photos don't show it, the event was bustling with people, especially friday night. I would like to thank the many friends and family that came to Art in the Heart in a great show of support. A tremendous thank you goes to Kevin Weaver, the Director of Art on the Boulevard Gallery, for having me in the event.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great having you at our event Mike, I look forward to having you back! And I LOVE my new painting of yours that I bought, I cant wait to get it framed and hung up in my house!

    ReplyDelete