Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Along the Road

Milepost 131
8x10
This past weekend a stake was thrown in the ground, a tree was planted, and a Milepost was found. I officially have gallery representation; Art on the Boulevard in Vancouver,WA has taken me on, for which i am extremely excited about.
The road of following my passion for painting is filled with highs and lows, and is textured as much as a pizza painting.
(see posting of Steigerwald Gold for more on a pizza painting) http://michaellindstromartist.blogspot.com/2011/11/steigerwald-gold.html
This week is an extreme high, but it is not the final destination. Along the road of life there are occurrances that we will always remember as significant; graduation, marriage, birth of a child, death of a loved one. These are some examples of mileposts that can alter life or at least mark a moment in time. A moment in time from which there is no going back, we can only move forward. This is one of those weeks for me and what better way to express it than to paint it.
A great many thanks are owed to a great number of people who have helped me get to this point in my art career. No way did i make it here alone. And no way do i continue to improve without the help and support of friends and family.
Huge thanks to Kevin Weaver for taking me on in the gallery, and to my wife, Vicki, for believing in me and supporting me through thick and thin.

5 comments:

  1. BIG congratulations! Way to go. Love the pic of your painting too--you can even make a section of road look gorgeous. :) Pizza painting sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thoughtful and heartfelt post, Michael. I agree with you about the role of a spouse in one's artistic journey...Their contribution is not apparent to all...(but you and I know...we'd be nowheresville without them!) Congratulations to you..you (and your beautiful champion Vicki) You (both) very much deserve this recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm equally as excited to have your work in the gallery Mike!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete