Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Friday, August 31, 2012

Mixing it Up



Matterhorn - detail

I would like to share some great and exciting news with you. Now, most of you know that i show my work in Art on the Boulevard, gallery in Vancouver,WA. Well, recently the director of that gallery, Kevin Weaver, notified me that i was selected to have my very own solo show. How awesome is that?.....
I am so excited for this great opportunity, and i can hardly believe this honor has been offered to me.
Let me tell you just how significant this is......
First of all, Art on the Boulevard, is one of the premiere galleries in the Pacific Northwest. Second, Kevin has well over fifty incredible artists; all of them are just as deserving of a show as me. And third, there are only six shows per year.
Spots like this are pretty rare, and i feel very fortunate that the gallery has seen fit to promote and support me like this.
So, my show will debut on First Friday, February 1st 2013 and is entitled "Moods of the Pacific Northwest".
Two of the great things about the Pac. NW is the dynamic weather and diverse topography. My goal is to capture the feeling, the mood of the different seasons, and celebrate the endless beauty, of our textured landscapes and atmosphere from various locations.
During this process of preparing for the show, i might be a bit light on my posts, but i will do my best to keep up. I will begin posting work for the show in December, to give you an inside peek.

The Matterhorn
In case you were wondering these photos are of my mound of titanium white after battling with brush and knife. Plus its always fun to look for interesting shapes, colors and textures in the not-so-obvious places.
Until next time....... Keep mixing it up!


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations, Michael! Well-deserved! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Michael! So happy for you in your acceptance to have a solo show at a well known gallery! I know the exhibit will be filled with feeling, mood, atmosphere. Wish I could be there for the opening. Solos are lots of work but so rewarding and fun. Enjoy it all! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Lindy-- I am not in the least surprised that you would be chosen for this honor. You deserve it 100%. You were BORN to paint and you are exactly where you are supposed to be! You have a fabulous gift ......AND..... you also have that killer work ethic. You're pretty much invincible, lad.

    Not to overstate it --but woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo you ARE da man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Your white paint has a happy quality about it that is reminding me of Dairy Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be happily painting away for this well-deserved honor. Looking forward to seeing your work in February!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone for the awesome comments, they are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete