Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Friday, January 25, 2013

Aspens' Edge

Aspens' Edge
14x18
 
As I complete the finishing touches on my first solo art show at, Art on the Boulevard in Vancouver, WA, I pause and reflect on the journey that it took to get here.
The places I traveled to, and the people I came in contact with, have all added a richness and vibrancy to this extraordinary experience.
Like the time I met a young woman and her two boys while I painted in the rain on the coast. She used it as a teaching tool for her kids by encouraging them to do what they love no matter what the weather is. 
Or the time my wife and I had a wonderful picnic at the Pumpkin Patch. She read while I painted, then we paused for some great food, and enjoyed the lovely late summer afternoon.
And of course there's the time when my good friend Eric Jacobsen and I were searching for a spot to paint and came across a stubborn cow wondering down the road with clearly too much time on his hands......
All the experiences of preparing for this show are woven into every piece, and it is my hope you can feel the joy, the struggles, and the mood in each painting.
 
Moods of the Pacific Northwest opens Feb.1 and runs through Mar. 31
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had some great experiences. I am looking forward to the show and seeing these works of art in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In countless ways, preparing for this show was incredible, Kriston. People I met, things I learned, pushing boundaries, etc.... Even the hike that Vicki and I took with you and Darrell made its way into the show. It will be great to see you on Friday!

      Delete
  2. It's going to be amazing to see all your work together in the gallery. I agree, it is fun to look back and remember the journey....and this is just the tip of the iceberg! Aspen's Edge might be my favorite painting in the show....(I got that sneak preview, it just made my heart sing!) Congratulations, Lindy--!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste! Ya it's one of my personal favorites too. I am so glad you and David have been a part of my art journey. It's going to be a great night and I am really looking forward to seeing you both there.
      Great friends add texture and spice to the palette of life....

      Delete
  3. Beautiful painting! I look forward to seeing your show at Art On The Boulevard! You are a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suzanne! Your kind words are much appreciated. Make sure to stop me and say hi on Friday night. It will be great to meet you.

      Delete