Leonardo da Vinci

Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.

--Leonardo da Vinci


Monday, April 8, 2024

Old and New

You may or may not know that snow is my very favorite subject to paint. For many reasons painting snow is my fave. And add nocturne to snow…… woah. I am all over that. Can’t get enough of that mix. This piece was painted in February 2024.  It’s a strong personal favorite piece.

Frozen Dogwood
12 x 16

This is a bittersweet thing for me. I am trading it with my dear friend, Marc Stehno. Marc and I have been out of touch for roughly 10 years, but recently reconnected. Marc is one of, if not THE most positive and optimistic loving and giving persons I have ever met. There’s never been 1 second of my relationship with Marc that has been anything short of A+. NOT ONE SECOND. And I’m not exaggerating.

Marc was the very first person to purchase an oil painting from me. He believed in me from the beginning. That alone holds a special place in my heart. When Marc recently reached out to me he said he and his wife Tiffany agreed that the painting should come back to me. He has always loved this painting, Michael’s Corner. It's an early oil painting for me. And he feels I need to have it back. He explained that he has a terminal illness and is not expected to be around here for much longer. While I am not willing to accept a painting back. I am willing to trade paintings. And I felt it fitting that while he has been the caretaker of an early piece of mine, he deserves to have a recent piece that is near and dear to my heart.

Marc, you are AWESOME! I love you buddy. You will always occupy a huge space in my heart.

I am so thankful to have had you in my life.


Michael's Corner 14 x 11


No comments:

Post a Comment